Young Professionals Events
The Foreign Policy Initiative understands the importance of cultivating the next generation of foreign policy leaders. Every month, FPI hosts a young professionals event targeted at educating rising leaders on international affairs and connecting them with their peers, as well as with leading foreign policy experts. Ranging in subjects from democracy and human rights to the critical threats our nation faces, these events provide valuable networking and educational experiences for young professionals in Washington, DC and New York City.
- Film Screening of "The Lady"
May 31, 2012
- Securing Our Energy Future: Reducing America's Reliance on Foreign Oil
April 26, 2012
- Debate: Time to Attack Iran? U.S. Policy and Iran's Nuclear Program
March 7, 2012
- Film Screening of "The Man Nobody Knew"
January 18, 2012
- Foreign Policy and the 2012 Elections
November 29, 2011
- What's the Big Idea? Jobs in Foreign Policy at Think Tanks
October 11, 2011
- Ten Years Later: How 9/11 Influenced a Generation and U.S. Foreign Policy
September 13, 2011
- Film Screening of "Restrepo" and the Way Forward in Afghanistan
June 29, 2011
- The Arab Spring and the Future of Democracy in the Middle East
May 19, 2011
- Covering Foreign Policy: Journalism and Communications
April 28, 2011
- Navigating Careers on Capitol Hill
February 23, 2011
- Film Screening of "Mugabe and the White African"
January 19, 2011
- After the Crisis: The Economy and Foreign Policy
December 8, 2010
- Elections but no Democracy: Burma's Future After the November Vote
November 29, 2010
- Challenge and Response: Nonproliferation Policy in the 112th Congress
October 28, 2010
- Can Democracy Take Root in Kyrgyzstan?
September 16, 2010
- Internet Activists and Authoritarian Regimes:
July 27, 2010
- The Changing Middle East: A First-Hand Perspective from the Ground
June 2, 2010
- Beyond AfPak: The War Against al-Qaeda in Yemen and Somalia
April 19, 2010
- Sudan: On the Path to Peace or Crisis?
April 13, 2010
- Iraqi Elections: Is This Democracy?
March 11, 2010
- The Obama Administration's Foreign Policy Concepts: An Appraisal At One Year
January 25, 2010
- U.S. Missile Defense in a Proliferating World: Threats and Challenges in the New Missile Age
December 8, 2009
- Human Rights in Sudan: The Way Forward
November 19, 2009
The Foreign Policy Initiative seeks to promote an active U.S. foreign policy committed to robust support for democratic allies, human rights, a strong American military equipped to meet the challenges of the 21st century, and strengthening America’s global economic competitiveness.