2014 FALL Internship Program
The Foreign Policy Initiative (FPI) Internship Program seeks rising college seniors and graduate students of the highest caliber with interest in the fields of, but not limited to, international studies, defense, national security, democracy and human rights, political science, and foreign affairs. FPI interns are given substantial work in current events research, policy communication, and think tank operations. Interns are encouraged to attend stimulating discussions around the local D.C. area and to interact closely with FPI's in-house experts. Though the FPI internship program is unpaid, participants gain valuable skills, a broader understanding of the policy world, invaluable experience, and networking opportunities.
The 2014 Fall Internship Program will begin accepting applications soon. Please monitor this space for further updates.
- Rising college senior or graduate student
- Understanding of FPI's mission
- Foreign policy interests
- Strong written communication skills
- Excellent academic and current events research skills
- Proven work ethic and willingness to take initiative
- Professional demeanor and positive attitude
- Ability to take instructions and work with minimal supervision
- Reliable and able to commit 20 to 40 hours a week
- International experience is a plus
- Capitol Hill experience is a plus
- Second language is a plus
- Submit your resume with GPA
- Submit a one-page cover letter explaining your passion for foreign policy and how you meet our requirements
For further questions, please e-mail email@example.com.
N.B. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Foreign Policy Initiative seeks to promote an active U.S. foreign policy committed to robust support for democratic allies, human rights, a strong American military equipped to meet the challenges of the 21st century, and strengthening America’s global economic competitiveness.