2015 Fall Internship Program
The Foreign Policy Initiative (FPI) Internship Program seeks college seniors and graduate students of the highest caliber with interest in the fields of, but not limited to, international studies, defense, national security, democracy and human rights, political science, and foreign affairs. Application for the FPI internship is extremely competitive, with almost 200 applications for just four positions this summer. FPI interns are given substantial work in current events research, policy communication, and think tank operations. Interns are encouraged to attend public events with senior government officials and policy experts in the D.C. area and to interact closely with FPI's in-house experts. Though the FPI internship program is unpaid, participants gain valuable skills, a broader understanding of the policy world, invaluable experience, and networking opportunities.
FPI will be accepting applications between now and Monday, August 10. The internship will run from early September until the middle of December. Apply here.
- Rising college senior or graduate student
- Understanding of FPI's mission
- Foreign policy interests
- Strong written communication skills
- Excellent academic and current events research skills
- Proven work ethic and willingness to take initiative
- Professional demeanor and positive attitude
- Ability to take instructions and work with minimal supervision
- Reliable and able to commit 20 to 40 hours a week
- International experience is a plus
- Submit your resume with GPA
- Submit a one-page cover letter explaining your interest and experience in foreign policy and how you meet our requirements
For further questions, please e-mail email@example.com.
The Foreign Policy Initiative seeks to promote an active U.S. foreign policy committed to robust support for democratic allies, human rights, a strong American military equipped to meet the challenges of the 21st century, and strengthening America’s global economic competitiveness.